Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When did I give up on me?

I had some body fat testing done today and I was horrified. From where I was last year at this time to where I am now is incredible. My body fat is high, uncomfortably high. The clothes I really like to wear dont fit. I drink to much Coke and I smoke. As C asked "When did I give up on me?". The last year has been a mess, but it's time to stop using that as an excuse. It's time feel comfortable in my body. It's time to be happy again.

1.) Stop smoking. I started Chantix last week. You are supposed to continue to smoke for the first week you start taking Chantix. That week, for me, is up today. So, as of tomorrow I am smoke free.

2.) Regularly going to the gym. I stopped going to the gym for quite a while and then started going sporadically. Starting tomorrow, I will be back going every day.

3.) Eating healthy and tracking my nutrition. I started doing this on Monday.

I will be making regular posts to keep any interested reader updated.

179

36

1 comment:

Welcome to my World. said...

I recently started using the MyFitnessPal app. Not sure if you have it or use it but - wow! What an eye opener to some of the crap I have been eating that I was thinking was not that bad (or even somewhat healthy) I think it's also a website. I love that I can just scan barcodes of things I am eating. That makes it easy.

Have fun focusing on you again. You deserve it.